Gothenburg. It’s a little bit different…
From world-class eateries – drawing in visitors from round the world – to some of the most “Instagrammable” bars and pop-ups you’ll ever come across, Gothenburg is rightly labelled Sweden’s culinary capital.
Nowhere better encapsulates Sweden’s laid-back feel – nor Scandinavian style – than Gothenburg. Arguably Sweden’s most welcoming city, expect to immediately feel at home while you explore the city centre on foot, and its effortlessly trendy cafés and shops.
A vibrant music and nightlife scene – including the famed Way Out West music festival – will keep your evenings busy, while the city also makes the perfect base for exploring Sweden’s exquisite West (locally known as “best”) coast.
- Getting stuck into Fika culture! Try one of Sweden’s famed cinnamon buns at Cum Pane bakery for the authentic Fika experience
- A trip to Liseberg amusement park where head-spinning rides, carousels and concerts are an essential part of summer
- Feasting on seafood in Gothenburg’s “Fish Church”, or Feskekyrka food market and restaurant
- The views across the city while taking a dip in the champagne pool in the famed Upper House
- Shopping till you drop at one of Gothenburg’s fashionable boutiques featuring work from up-and-coming designers and artists
- Some zen time at the Garden Society of Gothenburg (Trädgårdsföreningen) – one of the best preserved nineteenth-century parks in Europe
- Feeding your inner culture vulture at the Gothenburg Museum of Art – housing collections dating back to the 1400s
- Kicking back on the grassy banks of the canal and watching the world go by