Gothenburg and West Sweden. It’s a little bit different…
Easily accessible and fast becoming one of Europe’s leading foodie destinations, Gothenburg makes for the perfect getaway. Culture, shopping, nightlife will keep you busy – while the city acts as a starting point for a journey up the “best” West Coast.
A wondrous archipelago offering something for everyone – from seafood safaris to kayak excursions – you won’t regret a trip to this genuinely unique area of natural splendour.
- Making the most of the world-class seafood the region offers by indulging in a seafood safari on The Weather Islands
- Getting up close and personal with the indigenous wildlife by kayak on the tranquil coastal waters
- A fika stop at Gunnebo, a grand neoclassical house and gardens built by a wealthy merchant in the 1700s, and designed by Gothenburg’s famous architect Carl Wilhelm Carlsberg
- Exploring the pristine woodland of Orust – either by bicycle or on foot – leaving enough time for a refreshing swim!
- Getting stuck into Fika culture! Try one of Sweden’s famed cinnamon buns at Cum Pane bakery for the authentic Fika experience
- A trip to Liseberg amusement park where head-spinning rides, carousels and concerts are an essential part of summer
- Feasting on seafood in Gothenburg’s “Fish Church”, or Feskekyrka food market and restaurant
- The views across the city while taking a dip in the champagne pool in the famed Upper House