West Sweden. It’s a little bit different…
Its mix of deserted islands and pretty coastal villages make it unique in Europe. You should go here for the lobster, oyster and other shellfish delights of the villages of Grebbestad, Fjällbacka and Lysekil, as well as safe kayaking among the sheltered isles. With more than 8000 islands to discover, seal safaris, sea-fishing and boat excursions should also make your itinerary.
- Making the most of the world-class seafood the region offers by indulging in a seafood safari on The Weather Islands
- Getting up close and personal with the indigenous wildlife by kayak on the tranquil coastal waters
- A fika stop at Gunnebo, a grand neoclassical house and gardens built by a wealthy merchant in the 1700s, and designed by Gothenburg’s famous architect Carl Wilhelm Carlsberg
- Exploring the pristine woodland of Orust – either by bicycle or on foot – leaving enough time for a refreshing swim!
- Visiting the magnificent, 700-year-old Läckö Slott castle – one of Sweden’s most recognisable historic attractions
- Watching the light fade from the sky from the comfort of a seafront hot-tub on the beautiful island of Fiskebäckskil