Photo credit: zzonzzon photography
Nightlife in Mamö
Want to enjoy your night out in Malmö? Check out our guide with a selection of the hottest places to have a drink and dance. Malmö is a compact city, so you can easily walk between the city's clubs, bars and live music venues.
Last updated 22 November 2021
Bars in Malmö
- The epicentre of Malmö's nightlife is Lilla Torg ("Little Square") in the city centre.For an Alice in Wonderland atmosphere in a bold, playful and colourful design setting, head to MJ's bar and restaurant at Mäster Johansgatan 13, one of Malmö's most popular bars for locals to have a drink after work.
- Located right next to MJ's, on Mäster Johansgatan 11, you'll find Ruths – formerly known as Bastard – a trendy restaurant open seven days a week with a vibrant atmosphere.
- Just a stone's throw from Lilla Torg (Tegelgårdsgatan 9), Julie wine bar offers a selection of natural wines from all over Europe, along with a selection of cold cuts and cheeses in a welcoming atmosphere.
- Further south, Scandwine at Davidhallstorg 9 is another cosy bar where you can enjoy natural wines and tasty food.
- Fancy a cocktail? Care/of at Fiskehamnspromenaden 11C is bound to have something for you, from its subtle compositions to its ambitious alcohol-free cocktails and original vegan alternatives.
- In the cosmopolitan and lively district of Möllevången ('Möllan' for the locals!), Grand Malmö at Monbijougatan 17 is another must to add to your list, especially for the live concerts. Recently renovated, Grand offers quality cuisine with Nordic and Asian influences and local produce.
- Another favourite is Aster in Jagaregatan 6 for its cocktails, natural wine, dishes inspired by the chef's Turkish roots and its warm, relaxed atmosphere.
- Hyllie bryggeri, which opened in 2016, is a good start. Committed to introducing craft beer to those around them, they have recently expanded by opening a bar and taproom in Stormgatan 15 where you can try their draft beers and street food.
- Another bar to remember for beer lovers is Malmö Brewing Company, at Bergsgatan 33, for their generous list of draught beers, some of which were even brewed on site.
Clubs in Malmö
- Etage (Stortorget 6) is a nightlife hotspot with seven bars, several dance floors and a variety of music.
- Nearby at Amiralsgatan 20, Deep is open on weekends and offers different features and themes on its two dance floors on Saturday nights.
- A stone's throw away on Spångatan 38 you'll find Babel, "the Mecca for concerts, clubs and dancing" according to the owner. The club is housed in a former church, as evidenced by the huge, illuminated crucifix above the front door.
- A little further on, Kulturbolaget ("KB" for the locals) at Friisgatan 26, is a legendary live rock scene and nightclub.
- Finally, further to the southeast of the city (Norra Grängesbergsgatan 26) is the very popular Plan B rock club, open from Wednesday to Saturday.
Give us your feedback!