Hallongrottor (raspberry caves) – recipe
Makes approx. 40
Oven temperature: 200 °C or 392 °F
Preparation time: 40 min
- 400 ml (4 dl or 1,7 cup) plain flour
- 75 ml (¾ dl or 0,32 cup) potato starch
- 100 ml (1 dl or 0,42 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g (7 ounces) butter, chilled
For the filling:
- 50 ml (½ dl or 0,21 cup) raspberry jam
- Divide 40 small baking cases across two oven trays lined with greaseproof paper.
- Measure up all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the chopped, chilled butter. Use your fingers to work the butter and flour mixture into a firm dough. Alternatively, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- Shape the dough into two rolls and cut the rolls into 20 pieces. Shape each one into a ball and place in a baking case.
- Use your finger to make a small hollow in each cookie and add a dollop of jam.
- Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool. The cookies keep for about a week at room temperature, and are suitable for freezing.
Vegan alternative: Use plant-based margarine instead of butter.